1. Shah Rukh Khan’s kids have apparently never seen the actual ending of the Kal Ho Naa Ho. Karan Johar was kind enough to make a special edit of the film for them where the story ends before Aman dies.
2. Farah Khan thought that Deepika Padukone gave a “terrible screen test” for Om Shanti Om. In fact, they thought her diction was so bad that they had to turn the sound off. But she was so taken by Deepika’s beauty, that she decided to cast her anyway and dub her voice in selected scenes.
3. In a deleted scene from Kal Ho Naa Ho, we see that Naina also used to read to the elderly in her free time.
4. Karan Johar was so stressed during the shoot of “Bole Chudiyan” that he fainted due to dehydration. He eventually ended up giving instructions on his walkie-talkie from a bed for the day.
6. Jab We Met was written as a result of a writing exercise with a friend of Imtiaz Ali’s. The exercise was to combine two elements and make a story out of it. The friend suggested “a man who wants to kill himself”, while Imtiaz suggested “a girl on a train”.
7. During the filming of K3G, Hrithik tried on a t-shirt that was too short for him, and loved the look so much that he actually cut the bottoms off the t-shirts he wore throughout the film.
8. Rajkumar Hirani wanted everything for Munnabhai MBBS to be authentic because it was his directorial debut. For the dissection room scenes, he considered shooting in a real dissection room with real dead bodies. He eventually changed his mind and used actors to play cadavers.
9. Farah Khan, who was pregnant at the time that “Dard-E-Disco” of Om Shanti Om was being shot, would throw up every time Shah Rukh Khan took his shirt off for the song.
10. Both Salman Khan and John Abraham rejected the role of Kabir Khan in Chak De! India before Shah Rukh Khan took it up.
11. The mud fight from Nayak was supposed to be shot in water. At the time of the shoot, he refused to shave his body hair, and finally it was planned to smear him in mud.
12. During the first reading for Chak De! India, SRK admitted to fumbling with his dialogues on purpose for the team of girls to be able to feel more confident about themselves and make himself seem more approachable to them.
13. Aamir Khan never stands still in 3 Idiots. He is always swaying in some direction. Apparently, he concluded that the new generation of kids never stand still after observing his nephew.
14. Kareena Kapoor was the first choice for Sonia in Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai before she eventually dropped out. But, they forgot to cut her out of the ONE scene she shot for the movie.
15. The glasses that Hrithik wore in Koi… Mil Gaya were the same pair that he wore as Raj in the second half of Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai.
16. Initially, only the opening bass line was composed for “Dil Chahta Hai”. One morning, while brushing his teeth, Shankar Mahadevan realised that the words “Dil Chahta Hai” fit in the same tune and he ran to Farhan’s room to explain the tune to him.
17. Karan Johar thought Dil Chahta Hai wouldn’t do well and that Aamir Khan had “lost the plot” by choosing to act in it.
19. While shooting the drunk scene in 3 Idiots, Aamir “Perfectionist” Khan suggested that they get drunk for real, which resulted in so many retakes that the film roll got over.
20. Siddharth admitted that he didn’t enjoy being a “bad influence” on kids by smoking a lot in Rang De Basanti.
21. Hrithik Roshan’s horse in Jodhaa Akbar would get triggered by the word “action” and start galloping. So, the cast and crew would avoid using the word around it.
22. In Lagaan, Bhuvan scored the winning shot and was not out throughout the innings. However, Aamir Khan admitted to have gotten bowled out once while filming the climax.
23. The draft for 3 Idiots was written BEFORE Munnabhai MBBS. It was supposed to star Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan, and Abhishek Bachchan.
24. Sanjay Dutt was the first choice to play Suniel Shetty’s role in Hera Pheri.
25. Uday Chopra borrowed his mannerisms for his character of Ali in Dhoom from a guy he frequently saw hanging around a cinema hall in Mumbai.
26. Upon filming his first take for Lage Raho Munnabhai, Arshad Warsi couldn’t recapture the mannerisms he had in the original and sounded like himself with an accent. Rajkumar Hirani gave him the DVD of Munnabhai MBBS to study the character again.
27. The script and dialogues for Dil Chahta Hai were first written entirely in English.
28. The salt used for the fake snow in Black looked convincing enough to even fool the residents of Shimla, who wondered if it actually snowed in their town overnight.
29. Food shown in Jodhaa Akbar was made of pure ghee. The actors were horrified of retakes and refused to eat more than once in scenes.
30. The opening lines of Singh is Kinng’s hit song “Teri Ore” were actually a part of Jab We Met’s “Tum Se Hi” before they got rejected.
31. Shah Rukh Khan loved the process of making Swades so much that he never actually saw the film because he “never wanted it to end”.