5 Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Rosacea (Skin Redness)
Rosacea is an inflammatory skin condition that leads to redness and bumps on the face. Its symptoms include thickening of the skin, redness and pimples. It is of utmost importance to treat this chronic skin condition as it can worsen with time if left untreated. The areas that are quite prone of getting affected are chin, forehead and cheeks. This skin condition is often mistaken for acne and can prove to be quite annoying. Here are few natural remedies that may reduce the symptoms of rosacea to a considerable extent. Read on to know more about them.
1. Green Tea: Green tea has various anti-inflammatory properties that can possibly reduce redness and inflammation on the skin. Make yourself a regular cup of green tea and keep it in the fridge for about 40-45 minutes. After 45 minutes, take a clean piece of cloth and soak it in the cup. Once this is done, massage it over the affected areas. Do this regularly to see better results.
Green tea has various anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Aloe Vera: Pluck a fresh leaf from an aloe vera plant and extract gel from the same. Apply the aloe vera gel over the affected areas and wash it off with cold water.
Apply the aloe vera gel over the affected areas
3. Honey: Honey is again an effective remedy for skin redness as it is a rich source of humectant which is responsible for moisture in the skin. Massage a bit of honey on the affected areas and let it dry for 30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and watch out for results.
Honey is again an effective remedy for skin redness as it is a rich source of humectant
4. Essential Oils: Essential oils like lavender, jasmine, rose, tea tree, thyme etc. have anti-inflammatory and healing properties that can do wonders for your skin. Add 2-3 drops of any essential oil to few drops carrier oils like almond or coconut and apply it over the affected area before sleeping.
Essential oils like lavender, jasmine, rose, tea tree, thyme etc. have anti-inflammatory
5. SPF: In order to protect your skin from extreme sun heat and UV rays, it’s essential to apply a layer of sunscreen on it. Doing so can keep redness and rashes at bay.
In order to protect your skin from extreme sun heat and UV rays
These natural remedies might get you some relief from the symptoms of rosacea; however, if the symptoms persist, do consult dermatologist for the same.